Arrupe Jesuit makes a college preparatory education an attainable goal for families, who due to financial need, do not have the opportunity to receive a private, Catholic school education.
- Arrupe Jesuit serves 420 students (93% of our student body is Hispanic, 1% African-American, 1% Asian, 3% Caucasian, and 2% of other).
- 77% of Arrupe students qualify for federal free and reduced lunch for the 2017-2018 school year.
- As education costs continue to increase, Arrupe Jesuit maintains an affordable tuition and is the only school able to fund 100% of families’ assessed financial need.
- 93% of Arrupe Jesuit families receive financial aid to offset tuition.
- The median income for a family of four is $35,968.
Preparing Students for Success in College and Beyond
- 94% of the Class of 2018 are the first in their family to attend college and 55% were the first to graduate high school.
- 100% of Arrupe Jesuit’s eleven graduating classes were accepted into at least one college or university of their choice.
- Members of the Class of 2018 are attending 21 different colleges and universities.
- Our 783 alumni have earned over $57 million in scholarship dollars to date.
- Our alumni maintain a 70% college persistence rate as of December 2016 (defined as either currently enrolled in college courses or have earned degree or certificate).
Response to a critical community need
- Only 1 in 3 students who start Denver Public Schools in 9th grade will graduate on time and go on to enroll in college.
- 64% of African American and Latino students graduated from high school compared to 78% of Caucasian students.
- Arrupe Jesuit helps to reverse these patterns by providing an affordable college preparatory education to hundreds of students who would not have this opportunity otherwise.
Unique Corporate Work Study Program
- Students work one day per week at over 130 area businesses, including law firms, health centers, banks, government offices, and nonprofits.
- Students earn approximately 50% of the cost of their education through the CWSP.
- Students gain valuable work experience and are able to contribute to the cost of their education.
- 96% of students received a rating of good, very good or outstanding by their CWSP supervisors in the 2016-2017 school year.
- Average daily CWSP work attendance is 98% (100% with make-ups).