Seal of Biliteracy
The Seal of Biliteracy is a nationally recognized award earned by 12th grade students. Join thousands of students of Colorado graduates who have used it to signal to colleges and employers that they have attained college-level biliteracy in Spanish and English.
- The AJHS Seal of Biliteracy is included on transcripts and will help you stand out on resumes and in interviews.
- Biliterate graduates can earn more, have more job opportunities and create connections with their community.
- The AJHS Seal of Biliteracy is free!
For more information please contact:
How can you get the Seal of Biliteracy?
To obtain the Colorado Seal of Biliteracy, a graduating student must complete all of the English Language Arts (ELA) coursework required for graduation with an overall grade point average of at least 3.0.
Students must complete the three criteria listed below to earn the Seal of BIliteracy:
- Complete all graduation requirements
- Show literacy in English
Students must complete one of the following:
- SAT (English Section) > 470
- AP English Language or AP English Language Literature & Composition > 3
3. Show literacy in an additional language
Why apply for the Seal of Biliteracy?
Students should apply for the Seal of Biliteracy because it’s a valuable recognition of their language skills. It can set you apart when applying for colleges or jobs, showcase your cultural awareness, and open doors to a wider range of opportunities in our increasingly interconnected world.